Sr. Product/Software Manager
If you're and an innovative Product/Software Manager who wants to join a winning team and help drive it to greater heights, this is a great career opportunity for you!
Join our well-established, vibrant and growing ecommerce company at our Lincoln Park office in an exciting new role as Senior Product/Software Manager! Use your unique acumen in software design, documentation and project management to collaborate with our internal developers to drive unique projects that deliver big results. Partner with our developers and stakeholders to brainstorm innovative, leveraged solutions to wow our customers and internal users alike. Roll up your sleeves and drive multiple software projects utilizing your strengths that create impact. In this important and visible role you will own responsibilities and projects while working closely with our small (and growing) talented group of developers, and other smart team members.
We have a lot of cool projects in the works (including a new mobile responsive website launching this year), and a long pipeline ahead. You'll have important responsibilities and fun challenges for continuous growth and enjoyment.
- Help pick your team! Assist with recruiting new developers as needed, oversee onboarding and training.
- Develop and maintain software projects road map that supports company initiatives, use for resource planning and organizational alignment.
- Collaborate with stakeholders to develop lean and clear project requirements documents including wireframes.
- Build and manage projects using agile scrum methods, administer Jira.
- Assist developers with solutions to drive projects to successful and timely completion.
- Oversee and assist with QA testing.
- Collaborate with internal and external talent as required - ad agencies, coding agencies, designers, freelancers, etc..
- Document and introduce new features for internal users.
- Lead team member performance assessments, training and coaching.
- Successful track record as Product/Software Manager
- Willing to read books, further education
- Positive, optimistic and results-oriented
- Group Healthcare, Health Savings Account
- 401k retirement plan
- Paid vacation and paid holidays
- Commuter benefits
- Challenging and fulfilling work in a positive, optimistic results-oriented work environment
- Competitive wages and a monthly gain-sharing bonus based on revenue growth
- Paid educational and professional development training
- Attractive and comfortable loft office with large windows and lots of natural light
- Coffee and snacks for energy
- Open beer tap in the afternoons
- A nap room to revitalize
Started in 2002, we are the first ecommerce company to sell HVAC equipment to homeowners online and by phone. We sell and ship HVAC equipment directly to homeowners in the US, and have served hundreds of thousands of happy customers. We are quickly growing, and are hiring new team members to keep up with the exciting growth.
Our objective is to create great experiences for our customers, vendors and employees. At Alpine, everyone wins. Our employees love our positive and supportive culture, beautiful sunny office, great benefits and friendly team. We help our employees develop their careers and do the work that best suits their talents and interests.
We are innovative! Check out a list of industry first pioneered here at Alpine:
- 2002 - first ever ecommerce HVAC store
- 2003 - first HVAC online shopping configurator
- 2004 - first national HVAC referral network of installing contractors
- 2005 - first of its kind automated performance based pay system for phone sales
- 2011 - first and only online HVAC operating cost calculator
- 2013 - first and only HVAC photo-to-quote app
- 2014 - filed patent for better way to assist customers with sales & service needs
- 2015 - first eCommerce bundling of local services + products: EasyHVAC.com